As previously reported by LegalTech.Se, Synch, the law firm behind Legal AI Blog, is hosting Global Legal Hackathon on February 23-25 in Stockholm, Sweden. You can register for the Global Legal Hackathon here.
The Global Legal Hackathon engages law firms, LegalTech companies, law schools and governments internationally to bring together legal innovators. The goal is to support rapid development of solutions to improve the legal industry worldwide. The hackathon is open to legal, technology and business professionals: lawyers, law students, software developers, UX designers, entrepreneurs, project managers, business developers, and everyone passionate about LegalTech. Every participant will be part of a team who will decide on their development project. The chosen solution will aim at solving a particular problem within one of the two threads: (i) progressing the business of law, or (ii) facilitating access to justice.
The participants will have access to Technology Toolkit provided by the Global Legal Hackathon partners.
vLex, in partnership with Compass / vLex Canada, is making available 100 instances of its cloud-based Artificial Intelligence platform designed to address the unique challenges of creating custom legal knowledge & analytics solutions. This enterprise offering will be scaled to hackathon levels and participating teams of the hackathon get access to:
- A private installation of Iceberg with the Data Modeling, Workspaces and Imports modules.
- A collection of pre-loaded data (30,000+ cases from a major federal court)
- Space to add up to 10,000 of your own documents
- Flexibility to create multiple sandbox workspaces
- Pre-trained machine learning models for Recommendations, Document Classification, Entity Extraction, Citation Discovery (vCite) and Keyphrase Extraction
- A ready to use connection to IBM’s Watson Natural Language Understanding model for enhanced machine learning services (requires free sign-up to Watson)
For teams that want to continue to refine their idea beyond the hackathon, the Global Legal Hackathon organizers will work with teams to arrange 6-month no-charge access and support.
On the evening (EST) of February 19, access to a first-come-first-serve sign-up form will be sent out to the registered participants. The first 100 teams to register will get access. Links and passwords to registered teams will be provided on February 22.